Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life Drawing's Closing Curtain

Did I progress as an artist?  Yeah, I wasn't expecting the amount of anatomy we did, but I feel like it helped in the learning process.  What I made in this class wasn't perfect, but I feel like I went into the class an artist who lacked the technical know-how and came out having achieved the practice and work I was hoping for.  Just seeing the progress and style change in my shell drawings is evidence of beginning new and achieving a more defined and all-around better work.











Apart from the shell drawings, my figure drawing I am pleased with because of the progress I made from day one.  Learning the muscles at first seemed trivial but I soon began drawing and having a better understanding of how the curves of the limbs are based on what I learned from the maniken creation.  It almost seems now like I draw thinking in 3-dimensions rather than looking at a flat 2D object and drawing it.

In reflection, life drawing was an amazing experience that I wouldn't soon take for granted.  This next semester I'll be taking a brief break from art as I need some general education credits to fill, but I will be uploading independent projects that I work on, along with some 3D work.  Hopefully everything I practice and work on the next upcoming semester and for the rest of my career is at a high caliber of creativity and is just great work in general.  I know the fundamentals I'm starting to build because of life drawing will help in this "journey".

I hope you all have a great semester if I don't see you around, and maybe I'll see some of you in Life Drawing II when I get the chance to take it.






No comments:

Post a Comment