Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life Drawing Blog Post Number _____

So I'm supposed to be writing a blog post on the field trip that I was not lucky enough to go on due to family issues, so I suppose I'll write about life drawing's influence on my projects this semester and other things.  Right now I'm working on a project (a narrative animation) to set myself up for a longer narrative for Senior Project.  The story follows the character Protagonist (his name I have yet to actually come to realize so I will refer to him as thus), a mindless worker bee in a dreary and emotionless society.  My original concepts for this character, pre-life drawing, was a short and disproportional character, but after being influenced (or I should say given the practice and knowledge), I quickly enlarged the character into a more human form.


This issue creating a realistically proportioned character for animation is the ability to draw the same character over and over again.  I've spent many nights trying to fix and readjust certain aspects of the human body to make a more smooth and well flowing animation.  I also spent much of thanksgiving break continually drawing and referencing back to my life drawing course drawings, getting into the flow of drawing this character over and over again.  The following clip shows a segment of what I've just newly created for the animation.  Lacking in sound and ending on a more unfinished shot, this scene shows the waking of the character one morning and the throwing up because he's not used to having emotions.


Seeing the animation in its final form will be a great moment because of its completion, but also because I'll have come out of the project with more knowledge in animation then when I started.  Also, as I continue practicing and recreating this character, I'll be able to take what I've learned in Life Drawing and apply it to all the animations that I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment