Friday, October 8, 2010

So this week we did our first "long drawing".  After countless class periods of practicing and practicing gesture drawings, we jumped into an 1.5 hour long pose.  Needless to say, it was quite the transition.  I wasn't fully aware I was doing it, but after so many quick gesture drawings, I was nearly done within the first 30 minutes.  I'll admit my perspective isn't perfect here, but I was glad that the model so graciously challenge myself and others around me with a more foreshortened viewpoint.  I feel so far in the class, that I'm gaining more of an idea of form in regards to the muscles of the body.  When I started I was so focused on drawing perfect humans  in perfect perspective, but now I find myself breaking it down, giving sense to shape in the different limbs and body parts.  I could also slow down, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment